Aggressive and Determined Criminal Defense for Violent Crimes
If you are under investigation or arrested for a violent crime, it is vital to have a seasoned criminal defense attorney present the best possible defense. At the Law Office of Alison M. Lopes, we vigorously protect our clients’ rights when charged with violent crimes. Regardless of innocence or guilt, every citizen has the right to due process and a vigorous defense by qualified legal counsel in a court of law.
Examples of Violent Crimes in Florida include:
- vehicular and non-vehicular manslaughter
- assault and aggravated assault
- battery and aggravated battery
- human trafficking
- sexual offenses
- sexual offenses
- child abuse
- domestic abuse
- weapons charges
- resisting arrest
- capital drug trafficking
Felony Violent Crimes
- A Capital Felony is punishable by the death penalty for the most heinous crimes such as murder, capital drug trafficking, and armed kidnapping.
- A Life Felony is punishable by life imprisonment and fines up to $15,000. Life Felonies are often for subsequent convictions of first-degree felonies.
- A first-degree felony is punishable by incarceration for up to thirty years and a fine of not more than $10,000, with possible restitution to the victim.
- A second-degree felony is punishable by imprisonment, not exceeding 15 years, and a fine up to $10,000.
- A third-degree felony is punishable by up to five years in prison and a maximum of $5,000 in fines.
Misdemeanor Violent Crimes
Get Help from an Experienced Law Firm
At the Law Office of Alison M. Lopes, we are dedicated to providing thorough, professional, and highly personalized legal counsel. We can often negotiate an early resolution that safeguards our client’s best interests. However, we are always prepared to provide a strong defense at a courtroom trial. Attorney Alison Lopes is a Florida Bar Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer, demonstrating her level of expertise and professional excellence in her area of the law.
Contact the Law Office of Alison M. Lopes at our Orlando, Florida office at (407)442-2724. Schedule a consultation to discuss your options and best defense strategies.