Experienced Representation for Child Support, Enforcement, and Modifications
Florida's Child Support Guidelines
Enforcement of Child Support
A Judge Can Order Various Remedies to Collect Overdue Child Support, such as:
- Garnish income from a parent’s paycheck or financial accounts
- Freeze bank accounts
- Establish a payment plan
- Suspend a driver’s license and car registration
- Suspend professional licenses
- Place liens on real estate or vehicles
- Incarceration for up to a year until child support in arrears is paid
- Order the delinquent parent to pay the other parent’s attorney’s fees and other expenses
- Passport revocation or application denial
Call the Law Offices of Alison M. Lopes for a Free Consultation
The emotional stakes are high when children are at the heart of a dispute. Child support payments can be the most contentious part of a divorce. It is vital to have sound legal guidance when establishing child support or to petition the court for a modification or enforcement. At the Law Offices of Alison M. Lopes, our experienced family law attorneys can help you achieve the most favorable outcome. We are well versed in all aspects of Florida laws for divorce, child support, enforcement, and modifications.
Contact the Law Offices of Alison M. Lopes at our Orlando, Florida office at (407)442-2724. We are here to answer your questions, explain your rights, and represent your interests.